I turned 33 last week. It’s been an oddly difficult one for my head to wrap around so I wrote a poem/stream-of-consciousness to help me out.
When I was 20, I had a 33 year old boyfriend. I used to always tease him about being as old as Jesus. It’s funny to be this age and realize 1) how ridiculous it was that I dated someone this old as a young gal and 2) how actually 33 isn’t that old at all.
Here’s some other things dealing with the number 33:
- +33 is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to France.
- The number of workers trapped, all of whom were rescued, during the 2010 Copiapó mining accident.
- 33 is not only a numerical representation of “the Star of David,” but also the numerical equivalent of AMEN: 1+13+5+14=33.
- With records, 33 refers to a type of record by its revolution speed of 33⅓ revolutions per minute. 33s are also known as long playing records, or LPs.
- A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
- The atomic number of arsenic